Not been on for a while but here's some pics...

Currently reading:
Not been on for a while but here's some pics...

StiloSport

Not been on the forums for ages, was a little too quiet last time I came on. Seems to have livened up a bit since then! ;)

Anyway, here's some pics and spec of my Stilo,

1.6 16v Active Sport 3dr,
17" Wolfrace Alloys,
Lowered on Eibach shocks and springs,
Pipercross induction kit (specially made by Pipercross! :p ),
Powerflow twin exit 6"x4" oval upswept S/S system,
REAL Carbon number plate surrounds.
(awaiting some Ultra Lexus style rear lights)

stilo14ff.jpg

stilo27yo.jpg

stilo32pi.jpg

stilo48pr.jpg

Since taking these pics, I've also added some full headlight surrounds and I'll post pics when I've cleaned the car. :D

James Abarth said:
oOH - I like. What sort of grey is your Stilo - I haven't seen that shade before.

Hang on, I've got it written down somewhere... [runs off to find piece of paper...]

Funny you should say that, I've NEVER seen another one in that colour either. :confused:

activematt said:
Looking good fella, what have you got under the side repeaters??

Some small Abarth badges... Does that mean I'm a fraud now... :eek:

Lol @ Stuart DemonD!

As for some more mods, it definately needs a rear spoiler. Gets a bit skittish at high speed. I've also seen at least 1 1.6 turbo mentioned(probably on here), gonna seriously spend some time looking in to that! :D

Mike Norton said:
Very nice mate!

Tell me more about the pipercross induction kit...Any performance gains? does it make much noise? Is it easy to get hold of? (sorry for all the questions :D )

Thanks! (y)

The noise is amazing! I would definately say that the induction kit, along with the exhaust, has made a huge difference! It's more economical too, it returned 42mpg on a return trip to the Birmingham NEC sticking to a steady 85mph.

It's not easy to get hold of. I got it sorted through a mate of a mate type of thing. He's on holiday at the mo but if you PM me so I won't forget (this goes for anyone else with a 1.6 too ;) ), I'll ask him to make some more up and find out some prices.... :D

Not had the car on the rollers yet but I've come across quite a few Golf GTI's that couldn't keep up both from a standing and rolling start. it seems that the 1.6 is massively restricted on the intake and exhaust and allowing gasses to flow quicker seems to work wonders! :D

Back