Technical Little and large

Currently reading:
Technical Little and large

arc

this is where i stand
40mm TB fitted. I likes :D

heres some pictures of it next to the original one :)

Attachments

• tbs_base.jpg
    tbs_base.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 145
  • tbs_top.jpg
    tbs_top.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 205
Its makes it very f**kin loud under full throttle. Superbly engineered and gives the car loadsa umph.

i didnt appreciate how much work had gone into it until i took the old one off and saw what it started like!

Its a great product, althought there are a couple of things imo that could be improved on it.

The spacer could do with a lip, so its easy to locate onto the manifold as that was a pain to fit. And the butteryfly edges i thought would've been thinner (like dj_bucho did on his), and the screws that hold the butteryfly on stick out a bit.

They are in the grand scheme of things, very minor tho :)

Looking very good mate (y)

I must admit the work that "Tricker..." puts into those 40mm throttle bodies it top quality.

I suppose if you really want the butteryfly edges to have a knife edges and the screws to be profiled like I have done, you might have to dismantle your TB and do it yaself (like I had to ;) ), or you could just leave it as it is.

I still haven't managed to get round to fitting my TB yet, I've had quite a few things on my plate recently, like sorting out my exhaust, and getting some new tyres, as well as a few other "Top Secret" things I've been doing to my Cinq.

Let us all know how it feels when you've taken ya Cinq out for a spin.

Brian

arc said:
i didnt appreciate how much work had gone into it until i took the old one off and saw what it started like!

The difference between the original TB and the 40mm TB is very big when you hold them against each other... you're not the first to say: wohoow ;)

Regarding the screws and the edges on the butterfly - it can be done, sure, but the risk of the screws to fall out and into the inlet is bigger when you file them down. The edges of the butterfly can be shaped more but the butterfly has to fit perfectly in the 40mm dia. to hold idle.

Of course many things can be done better. I think if you do the screws and the edges on the butterfly you can gain 0.5 Hp max = not worth it ;)

Btw. we have rolling roaded a Seicento 1.1 Spi with: 40mm TB, 268 Colombo & Bariani cam and Supersprint exhaust manifold.

The rolling road said:

80.8 Hp/6789 RPM
95.8 Nm/5032 RPM

Not bad at all when you know the price of the changes is under 900 £ :)

I'm glad you like my work and know that you will be impressed by the 40mm TB when you drive the fast lane.. ;)

Cheers

/Tricker...

I see your point about the screws and butterfly.

ive been out playing in the car today. Its alive again, there is definetly more torque there and the noise it makes is fantastic :D

Definetly recomend getting one of these :D

Did i hear you have a custom made inlet manifold on your car, how did you go about making that - how does it differ from the standard one?

Mase&Tom, fancy a threesome of sending some over?? ;)

what's the time turnaround on these tbs?

..Sie, if your thinking of getting them soon, i'll send mine with yours if ok?If not i'll get mine in the post next week.

Is it just take to the post office job? and ship it to Tricker?

lambert82 said:
..Sie, if your thinking of getting them soon, i'll send mine with yours if ok?If not i'll get mine in the post next week.

Is it just take to the post office job? and ship it to Tricker?
Sorry bud, I'm not gonna be sending it just yet. I'm skint for another month

been out today playing in the car, covered around 100miles - on the roads for a good few hours. was fantastic fun.

the car has a lot more pull 4th :eek: corners id normally down shift on i was leaving it in 4th and still pullin well out of them.

ace ace ace

One thing.. other people getting them.. I know you have a GSR induction kit which iirc uses the standard fiat bob, the inlet on that is only 40mm. imo it needs to be larger than the butterfly, its going to be too restrictive otherwise :/

Arc: that sounds like a pretty useful improvemebt in performance. Does it make a lot of difference in fuel economy? (Assuming you've noticed it, suspect you may be preoccupied with enjoying the extra grunt though! :D )

I'm fitting my 32mm 1242 TB onto my 1108 motor this weekend. Which means I'll have a spare 1108cc TB kicking around... Tricker, what would it cost for me to get this enlarged to 40mm by your good self? If I find myself with some spare cash in the next few months I will be extremely tempted to send it your way for you to work your magic (y)

JonnyBoy said:
Tricker, what would it cost for me to get this enlarged to 40mm by your good self? If I find myself with some spare cash in the next few months I will be extremely tempted to send it your way for you to work your magic (y)

Hi JonnyBoy

The price of getting 1 TB done is 150 euro including post charge from Denmark.

With the TB comes a new spacer + gaskets and hose clips, so you won't need to buy anything to swap the 40mm TB :)

Just send me a mail to get my address... ;)

/Tricker...

Tricker... said:
Hi JonnyBoy

The price of getting 1 TB done is 150 euro including post charge from Denmark.

With the TB comes a new spacer + gaskets and hose clips, so you won't need to buy anything to swap the 40mm TB :)

Just send me a mail to get my address... ;)

/Tricker...

Cool, 150 Euros = about £100 I think?? I'm broke at the mo :eek: but in a few weeks after I've (hopefully) been paid I may well be sending you one (y)

Cheers! :D

Tricker...

arc said:
One thing.. other people getting them.. I know you have a GSR induction kit which iirc uses the standard fiat bob, the inlet on that is only 40mm. imo it needs to be larger than the butterfly, its going to be too restrictive otherwise :/

Do you have anything you could tell us about this? If the GSR is reducing air flow, I may consider putting my K&N filter back on, as it hasn't got a tube like this..

Thanks

Back