Technical 40mm Throttle body for Punto 55 and 60

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm Throttle body for Punto 55 and 60

Hi

I'm a guy from Denmark who has a big success in rebuilding the TB from Punto 55 and 60.

The original TB from Punto 55/60 is 30mm/32mm - I can make the TB 40mm by rebuilding it (y)

This 40mm TB will gain 10-12% more power without doing anything else.

The TB's are tested on different cars in Denmark and the gain was the same each time = + 10-12% more hp and +10 Nm

The pic. bellow shows a rebuild TB from a Punto 60s - The original butterfly lays on top of the new and bigger butterfly - the rebuild TB are 80% bigger than standard (y)

Photo0126.jpg

These two pic. shows the printout from a running road test before and after a 40mm TB on a Seicento 1.1 - this test shows a 12.5% power gain without any cind of remap or other changes on the engine :)

Before:
run.road.before.JPG

After:
run.road.after.jpg

The prise of rebuilding one TB is 120 euro + 30 euro in post charge from Denmark.

You have to send me a spare TB - the p&p here and back to England is 9 days in all.

To pay for the job you will have to send Trawlers cheques with the TB.

Any contact can be made by mail: [email protected]

A good ref. will be J333EVO from your club who already got 2 TB's done by me ;)

Hope this will make some interest..

/Tricker...

Last edited:
faster4_tec said:
looks great, and your work seems to be Class A, but how much will it affect fuel economy as I run 50-60 miles a day 6days a week.

Hi faster4_tec

The economy will rise a little bit, but not much - maby 10 km/30 liters .

My Cinq. 1242 runs 450 km on 30 liters and my Qinc is with 75 hp.

/Tricker...

faster4_tec said:
BTW what exactly is the graph mean't to be showing?
As it looks like Wheel speed vs. hp , which doesn't make any sense,
shouldn;t it be engine rpm vs. hp and torque on the same graph??

Hi

The graph shows no torque and rpm. - only Hp and km/h.

Sorry - it's an old rolling road in a workshop I’ve borrowed…

But it's a good illustration anyway, though

Found another guy who can measure torque and this test will be done soon as possible…

Just a thought tricker, is it possible to remove the orignal butterfly as that must be disturbing the air a little and would increase the air flow with it removed?

Also tricker if i send you the Cinq TB wen you rebuild the sides of it is it possible to block off the chamber that isnt need on the 1.2 tb saves me blocking the pipe off wit a screw on the cinq one and makes it look tidyier.

Last edited:
The original butterfly is removed when you get it back, its just shown in the pics for illustration purposes to show the increase in diameter.

As Tricker has said I got 2 from him and they the work is excellent. 1 is to be run on my Cinq turbo the other is on Jamie86 Cinq with 1242 Punto 60 engine conversion.

Aaron

PhatAshKi said:
Also tricker if i send you the Cinq TB wen you rebuild the sides of it is it possible to block off the chamber that isnt need on the 1.2 tb saves me blocking the pipe off wit a screw on the cinq one and makes it look tidyier.

Hi PhatAshKi

Like J333EVO says - the original butterfly is only shown for illustration ;)

Sure I can block off the chamber. As you already know the pipe from this chamber isn't needed if you have an open filter.

Just remind me when you send your TB ;)

/Tricker...

Hi

Posted in the cento section but guess it's relevent to here to seeing as my Cinq has a 60 engine anyway...

Very impressed by the TB there seems to be power whenever needed and more of it which is also useful ;)

The quality of the work is top class as well (y)

HTH :)

Back