Technical 40mm TB's from Tricker, they're here!!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical 40mm TB's from Tricker, they're here!!!!!!

I received my 2 TB's from Tricker today and they are superb. The work he has done to them to open them out to 40mm is excellent, with a nice new butterfly and an ace aluminium spacer with new appropriate gaskets and new hose clips, all in a very professional looking job. With only one minor thing to be done and that is cut the screws holding the butterfly in place as they stick out about 1.5mm. :)

I can't give any feedback yet on how it performs as it's not fitted, and even when I do fit it may not be able to give an honest opinion as it will be fitted in conjunction with a gas flowed polished 'n' ported cylinder head. :cool:

The other TB has been promised to Jamie so I'm sure he will give some more positive feedback although this will be on a 1242cc engine.

I posted them to Tricker in Denmark last Monday, he received on Thursday, and returned them Monday so all in a 9 day turn around which can't be sniffed at.

It also has to be said Tricker is also quick to respond to any messages to him and was easy to deal with. (y)

Aaron.

PhatAshKi said:
How'd ya send the money man and how much was it? I soooo wanna get it done.

As Tricker has quoted it's 120EURO a TB plus 30EURO p&p back from Denmark, but the p&p is the same for 1 - 3 TB's.

I therefore sent 270EUROs to him with the TB's by buying 250EURO in Travellers cheques plus a 20EURO note as 50 is the smallest denomination of trav.che. (its about 1.35EUROS to the pound)

I stuck the cheques (made out to Tricker so no one else can cash them) & money in with the TB's when I posted them in a sealed box and posted it by the Royal Mails international tracker service which gives you a ref. no. which can be tracked on the internet, this cost £4 on top of delivery but gives you peace of mind as you know where your parcel is and when it is delivered. I also got everything insured for £300 in case of lose or damage which cost another £2 or so. So postage was about £15 in total plus any costs if you don't have a box or bubble wrap, luckily I had a MOMO box for a steering wheel boss which was ideal for 2 TB's and some old bubble wrap.

Jamie I'm sure from that you know how much you owe me minus the GT brakes (y)

Aaron

Hi

I'm glad the TB's got to England on time and intact :)

Got some results from the running road today before and after the 40mm TB was fitted into a Sei. 1.1 completly standart (not even K&N)

The effect was +12.5% (y)

Before
showphoto.php

After
showphoto.php

If anyone are interested in getting a 40mm TB just write me in my e-mail and i will respond asap... ;)

Last edited:
Mine was a 30mm on my Sei Sporting '99
Today I drive the Sei that Tricker posted rolling road data on yesterday.
It's a 40mm TB :)

And I can only say: It makes a BIG difference in driveability :)

Hopefully I can get the car on a more advanced rolling road in a month or two.. :)
index.php

surfin_fella said:
Is it a 30mm or 32mm you start with?

Yes as Jamie has said you can start with a 30 ro 32mm TB it makes no difference as it is completely reworked. When people have asked Tricker how he does it and he replied it's too hard to explain, I would back this up because even tho I can look at the TB and see what he has done, it is hard to explain what exactly as it involves a big change to the TB, but be reassured the work is great.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
Yes as Jamie has said you can start with a 30 ro 32mm TB it makes no difference as it is completely reworked. When people have asked Tricker how he does it and he replied it's too hard to explain, I would back this up because even tho I can look at the TB and see what he has done, it is hard to explain what exactly as it involves a big change to the TB, but be reassured the work is great.

Aaron.
Ah cool cos I have 2 spare 30mm tbs:)

something has been worrying me a bit about this, im sure if paul reads this he might be able to tell me if i am right or wrong.

the standard throttle bodies have a tapered neck on them, thus accelerating the air down through TB and past the butterfly. The 40mm TB doesnt appear to be tapered at all and only has a straight shaft. Surely there was a reason behind tapering the shaft???

littleyellowcar said:
Surely there was a reason behind tapering the shaft???

Yeah..the difference in area probably means the air's gonna be moving quicker to maintain the same mass flow rate. It presumably helps force more air into the cylinders in the induction stroke of the engine, meaning maximum power out :D

Back