Technical ** My cooling fan on sei has stopped working does anyone know whats wrong? **

Currently reading:
Technical ** My cooling fan on sei has stopped working does anyone know whats wrong? **

tearer

does anyone know much about the cooling fan for the radiator on a seicento sporting

I had abit of a bump and the fan got jammed, not knowing i went for a long drive and the engine over heated.

we freed up the fan and tested it on the battery and it spins with easily now but still doesn't cut in when the engine gets warm. The fuses are fine.

could it be a burnt out relay or sensor?

If it is MPI, it'll have the big round black air filter box, SPI ones have a grey rectangular one.

SPI ones have a fuse, switch and fan - no relay. There should always be a +12v on one wire to the fan motor and through to the switch on the side of the radiator. Unplugging the connector from the switch and shorting together the wires inside should make the fan spin. If not, you've either lost the supply, lost the earth, or the fan motor is buggered.

MPI ones are controlled from the ecu and don't have a switch on the side of the radiator. There's probably a relay somewhere too, but I have yet to see a wiring diagram for one of these.

just a thought, but if you let it over heat, the tempsender may have broken.

Back