General Wheels

Currently reading:
General Wheels

postieboy

Hi just found this site.

We have a Fiat idea mutijet dynamic 1.3 diesal turbo,had it for 6 months now,soon we will need to get the tyres changed however I am looking for new wheels as well.

Whoever owned it before put some fancy 17 inch wolfrace wheels on it with 205/40 tyres.However I am sure the narrow profile is effecting the comfort of the car as it feels everything on the road.The standard tyres are 195/60 x 15's with 205/50 x 16's as optionals but as you can see someone has took it further still and put 205/40 x 17 on.I am convinced this is no good for the type of car and want to refer back to 195/60 x 15's which is still a good size,and sure it would be more comfortable.Besides I have not properly looked how much decent 205/40 x 17 tyres cost,probably alot.

I have been looking at a few alloy wheel and tyre packages as maybe this will be a cheaper way to go and also dont fancy going down to steel wheels with trims.Halfords do some pakages from about £299 I think but I dont wont to get a cheapo tyre in the package.Some of there packages have Uniroyal tyres I seen in store but not for my car though.

Any Ideas or other places where I could get a good deal from?I want to keep in a budget and not go crazy as I want decent tyres that last a while and are quiet.Dunlops are my favourite.

thanks

No need to all reply at once lol :eek: no need for new wheels now the mrs rolled the idea on its side at 30MPH some how,would you believe it! Heap of crap!So its a write off now.Thankfully passengers all ok though which is the main thing.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Do you still have your crashed Idea? I need an inside plastic spare for mine - its the underpart of the plastic cover around the steering wheel column.

But then again - only if it's a model fitted with cruise control...

Back