Technical What happens if you remove ABS fuse ??

Currently reading:
Technical What happens if you remove ABS fuse ??

Yes, indeed it did need that combination.. (But it put up quite a fight)

I have not used KKL for ages, and not sure I've Ever used the Green Adaptor

BUT.. Did eventually get it to converse

HOMEPAGE suggestS KKL and ELM for most relevant applications..

But wouldn't connect.. Or throw errors

AND without it connecting for a Scan with the ELM.. I Couldn't ascertain what ABS unit to set-up for
View attachment 445485

After a while we got thereView attachment 445486View attachment 445483View attachment 445484

Annoyingly I don't have an image of the error code 😔

@ukjoe should have..

But the code pointed to RH Front wheel sensor

So an excellent starting point

The Error would clear in MES, but the Dashboard kept pinging the fault message 🤔

Owner stated this dash error message error is intermittent..

Look forward to updates 🙂
Thanks again to @varesecrazy for all the time he spent trying the various cables etc to get the error code. So got it and now will have to get around to checking the electrical connection and then the sensor itself. Thanks also to everyone else's contributions and particularly @jackwhoo and @portland_bill

Attachments

• IMG_20240523_165723.jpg
    IMG_20240523_165723.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
Front right speed not feasible..... that is really interesting

Same size wheels and tyres all round?

If tyres all same size I would be checking sensor and magnetic ring for dirt/rust contamination

Front right speed not feasible..... that is really interesting

Same size wheels and tyres all round?

If tyres all same size I would be checking sensor and magnetic ring for dirt/rust contamination
Yes, same size tyres, wheels (and also all steel). I will check for contamination and connection. Thanks,

Just checked- it is a magnetic part of wheel bearing that induces a signal in the abs sensor.

I'm pretty sure it is magnetic ring part of bearing
Yes had new bearing in April 2022 which failed and was replaced, under warranty, in March 2023. Not sure when ABS problem started but must go back to middle of last year or so.

Yes had new bearing in April 2022 which failed and was replaced, under warranty, in March 2023. Not sure when ABS problem started but must go back to middle of last year or so.
So, @jackwhoo do you mean that this bearing might not have had the necessary magnetic part? Or just that it failed? Or...? Thanks,

So, @jackwhoo do you mean that this bearing might not have had the necessary magnetic part? Or just that it failed? Or...? Thanks,

If it didn't have the magnetic part you would have had the abs fault light straight away.

Start by checking the sensor wires very carefully and what you can see of the sensor. Two wheel bearing changes on that side could have put stress on the wire /connectors and sensor.

Back