Technical Transmission Linkage and Bushing help

Currently reading:
Technical Transmission Linkage and Bushing help

RoughEnough

Hello from the US!

I need some info on some replacement parts. Does anyone have any pictures of the bushing that is supposed to go from the Linkage Rod to the Transfer rod?
The bushing I need is in the location circled in yellow. thanks so much for any info!
snapshot-2010-07-13-14-10-33-550x550w.jpg

20240710_133719.jpg
20240710_111127.jpg

I think this is what you need. I couldn't find a supplier of this bushing in the US', but here's a source in Switzerland which gives the original Fiat and Lancia part numbers which might help you source one elsewhere. I've also seen a 'rod end' bearing/joint substituted to replace the bushing and metal ball-end.

Wow awesome reply thanks so much.

I would like to see that substitute modification

I would like to see that substitute modification
Sorry, I don't have a pic. A friend did this modification on a 127 that he raced back in the 1980's (yeah we raced all sort of crappy little cars over here due to lack of funds :giggle:), after the gearchange linkage separated causing him to have to pull out of a race when he was almost winning, or so he claimed ;).
(bear in mind, a solid metal type joint/connector will transmit a lot of NVH into the cabin, not nice on a road car).

Another source of a suitable 'joint' you might investigate if you can't source an original bushing, might be something that is used on ride-on lawnmowers - I've seen somewhat similar ball type joints that use a cross-pin to hold them securely - the cross-pin can be pulled to separate the joint for lubrication purposes. These ball joints are found on the steering rods and various linkages on such mowers.

Back