Technical Torn timing belt 1.9jtdm 88kw 8V

Currently reading:
Technical Torn timing belt 1.9jtdm 88kw 8V

GZoli01

Hello Guys!

Does anybody haver any experience in a 1.9Jtdm (192.a8) engine, which had a torn timing belt? What can I except, which parts do I have to change?

I did not dissasemble the motor yet, só.I do not know what parts are damaged.

Thanks innadvance!

Model
1.9 Multiwagon (192.A8)
Year
Mileage
Hello Guys!

Does anybody haver any experience in a 1.9Jtdm (192.a8) engine, which had a torn timing belt? What can I except, which parts do I have to change?

I did not dissasemble the motor yet, só.I do not know what parts are damaged.

Thanks innadvance!
Hi, it’s one of those that you won’t know until you get the head off. If you’re lucky it might just need some new valves to replace the bent ones. If any bits of value have snapped off though it quite often damages the pistons which is a whole different story! Anything in theory is repairable…..it’s just if it’s viable. I presume when you say torn you actually mean snapped belt?

Hi, it’s one of those that you won’t know until you get the head off. If you’re lucky it might just need some new valves to replace the bent ones. If any bits of value have snapped off though it quite often damages the pistons which is a whole different story! Anything in theory is repairable…..it’s just if it’s viable. I presume when you say torn you actually mean snapped belt?
Thank you for theninfo. Not actually the belt is the problem. Its the wheel which had been torn apart, for some reason.
So I need to prepare for worst case I Guess...

Attachments

• IMG_20240710_195607.jpg
    IMG_20240710_195607.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Thank you for theninfo. Not actually the belt is the problem. Its the wheel which had been torn apart, for some reason.
So I need to prepare for worst case I Guess...
Possibly yes. And if it’s mileage is 271,000 as the top of your post suggests I’d certainly be asking myself if it’s worth it? Good luck. I’m sure someone on here has had a belt go with that particular engine so they might be able to give you a better insight as to possible damage 🙂

Possibly yes. And if it’s mileage is 271,000 as the top of your post suggests I’d certainly be asking myself if it’s worth it? Good luck. I’m sure someone on here has had a belt go with that particular engine so they might be able to give you a better insight as to possible damage 🙂
Thank you!

Somewhat unusual failure mode whereby the cam gear is overloaded to the point that the gear ring is fractured off of its mounting boss. Suffice to say that there would be a horrendous amount of torque turning against something that isn't moving, which logically has to be either the crank or the cam.

Unfortunately if/when you strip it down, it is likely that you will have some serious damage, and in relation to its age, mileage, and typical value, it may not be economical to repair.

Back