General Scrapped the black tipo

Currently reading:
General Scrapped the black tipo

I feel so cruel!

Scrapped the diesel tipo today. Drove it in and attempted to take the wheels and suspension off - got the wheels off but couldn't get the suspension bolts out with the conditions - cold, wet and dark. Going back tomorrow to get the rest of it.

Worst part was when they moved it - with a big hydraulic claw - through the sunroof and the windscreen. :( I didn't want to see it getting mashed. That car's been there through some good and bad times so its a real shame to see it go. Got £75 for it and whatever I can get for the alloys + disc brakes+calipers.

RIP L398 SFM.. See you as a radiator or something later :wave:

Tipo_Side.jpg

Hellcat said:
I feel so cruel!

Scrapped the diesel tipo today. Drove it in and attempted to take the wheels and suspension off - got the wheels off but couldn't get the suspension bolts out with the conditions - cold, wet and dark. Going back tomorrow to get the rest of it.

Worst part was when they moved it - with a big hydraulic claw - through the sunroof and the windscreen. :( I didn't want to see it getting mashed. That car's been there through some good and bad times so its a real shame to see it go. Got £75 for it and whatever I can get for the alloys + disc brakes+calipers.

RIP L398 SFM.. See you as a radiator or something later :wave:

Tipo_Side.jpg
what exactly was wrong with it?:)

You have PM..

Yes it was a vented conversion. Had a trip to the Lakes and going down some of them passes I was getting brake fade. Changing them to vented soon sorted that. Straight swap for Marea calipers and discs. They're still almost new since I did the swap only a couple of months ago.

Hellcat said:
Has a hole through the windscreen, the A pillar is bent and the sunroof is destroyed now...
what was wrong with the car to make you scrap it?:)

uno_94 said:
are you ignoring my post? :cry: :p
sorry,found the car in classifieds,and noticed you had said what was wrong. cannot see the reason to scrap it.the cooler is easy enough to sort[did one on a tempra TD]. clutch again, a warranty issue. after all the work on the car,i would of sorted it. anyway whilst posting, i want say to people, dont use MR CLUTCH. they are time and again providing a cr*p service.:)

Could have replaced the oil cooler but was it worth it? New cooler from fiat was nearly £200.

As for the clutch I dont think I would have trusted Mr Clutch with the car again. They managed to bolt the starter motor on with the wrong bolts stripping the threads.

Overall the car was in a tired state. Since I was going to keep the suspension and alloys it would have probably cost too much to sell it to anyone. I've kept quite a bit of it and hope to get back some of my money selling the brakes, keep the alloys for when I buy a marea, and fit the suspension parts to my sedici.

DSCF0050.JPG

First pic of my new home on FF.. "the kitchen door" :D

Last edited:
Hellcat said:
The one at the bottom is... its the spare :D

Had to take it apart at the scrap yard which was a very muddy experience.
notice the tread gets worse as you go down:D where was the cooler leaking? the one on the tempra TD was leaking on the top pipe where it connects to the cooler. used some plumbers repair tape[very sticky, grease and fibre like texture and very malable]. worked a treat. to late to think if now. at least you have the sedici(y)

Hey there, i noticed the suspension isnt the stock one (i think) and wondered is the lowering springs and shocks for sale???? (i may have it wrong just looks like lowering springs) also are you still keeping the alloys they look quite tidy???

Dan

Helz said:
Poor car :( Hope it is now in Fiat heaven looking down on us.

Give it a few months and it might be in a park bench or a can of pepsi looking up at you!

I never thought of it as a turbo tipo... More of a chav eating tractor (y)

As for suspension it is bilstein streetline shocks with ventura -40mm springs. They're not for sale as they will be going on the Sedici along with the lower arms and drop-links.

If anyone wants a set then TJ Motorsports list them on their site. £230.

http://www.tjmotorsport.co.uk/products.php?cat=389

I'd thoroughly reccomend painting the shocks if you get the chance as the original black paint looks quite thin. I gave mine a lashing with Koni yellow. Took about 4 or 5 coats and if they rust I'll eat the rest of the tin of paint :yuck:

The alloys are 14" momo arrows (apparently) - was keeping them for a possible Marea but you never know. Getting bit close to having to report my own post for advertising so I'll give you a PM :p

Last edited:
Back