General Retrimming interior??

Currently reading:
General Retrimming interior??

hi all,

just wanna know where can i buy black suede from??

Im wanting to retrim like my headliner and that so need some suede and the glue they use to stick it

BTW is this an easy DIY job?? i was told bumper smoothin was an easy DIY job but that didnt go right haha

soz if in wrong section really didnt know where to post this

hi all,

just wanna know where can i buy black suede from??

Im wanting to retrim like my headliner and that so need some suede and the glue they use to stick it

BTW is this an easy DIY job?? i was told bumper smoothin was an easy DIY job but that didnt go right haha

soz if in wrong section really didnt know where to post this

Any material shop should stock it or order it for you. Can I just ask why though?
The headliner can be a pain to get off and be very careful. You can dent all the roof because the glue is that strong. Shouldn't be too hard once you have it off though

I don't know about your local town but there are several markets on saturdays and midweek which just sell textiles around me and do them at resonabile prices too - so should save on shipping if you can find it all locally.

As for fitting, I wouldn't know, I've actually seen headliner been replaced on a classic car in the past and to be fair looked rather simple, but I don't want to comment on a modern car.

PS - Checked out your pics very nice mods subtly done - loving the front mesh :p

Last edited:
Retrim the entire interior in thick fluffy sheepskin! :cool:

How easy is it to retrim seats? White leather please :D

I got my suede to do it off ebay 20 quid for 10mx52 inches
and it is wide enough and u have plenty of room for mistake and ecen sell it on wen ur done

Any material shop should stock it or order it for you. Can I just ask why though?
The headliner can be a pain to get off and be very careful. You can dent all the roof because the glue is that strong. Shouldn't be too hard once you have it off though

errrm im doin it cos i want the whole interior blacked out with red trims lol

and as far as i know iv removed only 1 headliner in my life and that was on a cavalier and just came straight off...dunno bout puntos everything on them are held on with little plastic clips that break lol

Retrim the entire interior in thick fluffy sheepskin! :cool:

How easy is it to retrim seats? White leather please :D

Seats would be hard i think even i aint gonna try that lol im doin headliner, doorcards, Pillars ect...

There's alot you don't know about Brin then (y)

haha sooooo true mate...70's PIMP:cool: well i probly wud have been if i wer alive back then haha

Its in the crafts section on eBay. And I removed the headliner in the punto I broke up and it dented all the roof! Really is stuck on there. I was hanging from it :p still wasn't budging.

Use a high temperature car trimming glue. Ordinary contact glue will melt on a summers day. Try www.frost.co.uk

You could also consider lycra/nylon. It can be shiny or brushed finish and comes in various weights. Being stretchy its great for trimming uneven shapes.

Back