Technical Rear brake hoses

Currently reading:
Technical Rear brake hoses

Maxcaddy

In order to cure an ongoing issue whereby I have to keep manually adjusting the calipers to get the handbrake to work, I have ordered a pair of new calipers.
I suspect that the hoses won't want to come undone very easily and may have to be cut off. In any case they look tatty and aren't that much to buy.
However there are 2 different hoses at the rear, the hoses where the axle pivot on the body, and the hoses from the axle to the calipers themselves.
Can anyone confirm the length of the hoses from the calipers to the axle please ?

In order to cure an ongoing issue whereby I have to keep manually adjusting the calipers to get the handbrake to work, I have ordered a pair of new calipers.
I suspect that the hoses won't want to come undone very easily and may have to be cut off. In any case they look tatty and aren't that much to buy.
However there are 2 different hoses at the rear, the hoses where the axle pivot on the body, and the hoses from the axle to the calipers themselves.
Can anyone confirm the length of the hoses from the calipers to the axle please ?
yes it will be a grotty mess. About 20cm I get, I see there are listings for 21cm for the Stilo so that's what you need.

It's not the grot, it's the rusted on solid for 20 years which frightens me :oops:.

Anyway many thanks indeed for the sizes, and as you say the 210mm ones are the ones to go for 😊.

Cheers

It's not the grot, it's the rusted on solid for 20 years which frightens me :oops:.

Anyway many thanks indeed for the sizes, and as you say the 210mm ones are the ones to go for 😊.

Cheers
Went there a couple of years ago. Grot meaning rust, salt, clips turned to dust, rotted brake pipes, stuck calipers etc. At some point I was able to plug back in to the existing lines and it may have been when I got to the pair of inboard hoses.

Back