Photoshop - where?

Currently reading:
Photoshop - where?

bellaelaine

Hey, does anybody know: where can I get Photoshop (for free it better :p)??? What version is the best?
'Cause I tried 7.0 and didn't like it, but 3.0 was ok :)

P.S.-I need it only for picture improvement ;)

Uuurm no is the short answer. Im a designer and its doing things like that which keeps the cost up and makes life harder for us. That along with Mr Joe average and his mac sitting at home with his dodgy software knocking out stagnant rubbish and undercutting the price of us Agencies.
It all comes down to the same argument of would you go into your small local record store and steal their stock.
There is other cheaper/free software if its just picture enhancement. Infact i would rather you sent me the images and i will enhance them for free if it means that you dont illegally download it.

Last edited:
Try GIMP, it's not the same as PS but will do what you want for free (y)
Yeah GIMP, the freeware version of PS is a cool alternative.

Or buy it, really, piracy is rife enough as it is. Your on a car forum so I take it you drive? Did you download your Tax disk? Insurance Documents? MOT certificate?

And you say you didn't like Photoshop 7?? Thats the best one IMHO.

Yeah GIMP, the freeware version of PS is a cool alternative.

Or buy it, really, piracy is rife enough as it is. Your on a car forum so I take it you drive? Did you download your Tax disk? Insurance Documents? MOT certificate?

And you say you didn't like Photoshop 7?? Thats the best one IMHO.
But paying £479 is a completely different matter. imo

Does anyone know what the student restrictions are? I've had a look on Adobes site and they say its only Canadian/American higher education students, ...however ...Amazon are selling the student edition for £158.00 but theres no info on how to qualify, I'm doing a level 3 OCN in photography, but its only part time, I wondered if anyone knows if I would qualify or not? I can't seem to find the answer online

Seems like you need an NUS card as proof of being in HE....

Be aware that you will not be able to upgrade the Student edition, or use it for any commercial work (ie any stuff you sell)

I think, however, you can get a discount off the full edition on the Adobe site....

:eek:

Cheers for the reply TBP, I think I should probably look into getting the full edition then, as I'll want to upgrade in the future.. I shall check out the potential discount for that

Normally in the UK students but the software through their Uni/College. If you get CS4 are you really going to need to upgrade it?
Also i have CS2 On my computer but no disks, if anybody knows of a way to get it off with the serial code then they can have it for small price if it is going to be put to good use.
I have CS3 as well so CS2 is not needed.

Youl have to dumb it down for me a bit lol. I am a complete idiot when it comes to all this computer stuff. I know how to use the software, install and uninstall. I can just about do away with some of the D.font's that cause issues on macs, other than that i let the Teckies do it.

Back