Styling Panda Mini Van?!

Currently reading:
Styling Panda Mini Van?!

Just saw this on a Panda group on Facebook

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1407073009.877108.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1407073023.267020.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1407073034.750128.jpg

I love weird family offshoots like this. Looking carefully at the better nick of the two vans it.looks.like a SEAT badge so I'm guessing its Spanish. Interesting how they have taken Panda sheet metal and moved up and over the engine.

They are called Seat Chato. Basically a forward control Minibus version of a SEAT Panda. Vans minibuses and a pickup version. The interior is pure Mk1 Panda complete with dashboard sling.

Some interior and underbonnet pictures of the beastie. The steering linkage goes through the floor at an amusing angle. I reckon Alixcompo needs to do one in Olive Drab.

Attachments

• emelba-chato 1.jpg
    emelba-chato 1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 537
  • emelba-chato 2.jpg
    emelba-chato 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 54
  • emelba-chato 3.jpg
    emelba-chato 3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 503
  • emelba-chato 4.jpg
    emelba-chato 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I actually really like it! I will assume they are like rocking horse poo though?

They must be. I really like them too as I have shown as I keep rabbiting about them on this thread. Must have made a few thousand at least between 82 & 86 when they were apparently in production. One website mentioned the police used them so they must have been relatively mainstream in Spain at least. They must have handled pretty badly. With those leaf springs and high build id be worried about tipping it over. A 4x4 conversion of one would be :yum:

Last edited:
I was reading last night you could have any colour you liked as long as you ordered 4 vans in that colour. Any less and it was white :D

Someone will come back from holiday with one - beats a straw donkey!

So who do we think is going to be the first one to get one then? Got to be someone surely!

That would probably be ideal for you buddy (y) though if its the SEAT version then presumably it uses the old pushrod engines? Interesting to see if they did an automatic though!

I wonder how difficult it would be to make an Elettra version... -- although I imagine the top speed would be very, very low.... :eek:

That would probably be ideal for you buddy (y) though if its the SEAT version then presumably it uses the old pushrod engines? Interesting to see if they did an automatic though!

Apparently engine at launch was the 848cc pushrood motor with 4 speed box. Later enlarged to 903 storming cc. Iv'e heard the ordinary 848cc Marbella was desperate so with 6 peeps on board the Chato must have been glacial. We need to get one!

Last edited:
Back