Technical Panda 100hp front window failure

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp front window failure

thornebt

My front window stopped working today with a bit of a bang. I've removed the interior door panel and found three bits of broken white plastic in the bottom of the door that are probably part of the white plastic clip that you can see by the edge of the glass. You can see the broken bits resting on the Haynes manual to the right of 'FIAT'.

The window goes down but does not go up. I'm not managing to push it up by hand either.

Has anyone any ideas please? Might it just need replacement of the plastic clip? At this stage I don't want to unnecessarily remove bits that might be able to stay in place. Thank you.

Model
100hp Panda
Year
Mileage

Attachments

• IMG_20240816_175749_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240816_175749_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

Thank you. It seems the part I need is 71744327. I have emailed a couple of Fiat dealers to ask if they can supply it. One is Hutton's at Weston super Mare which is just up the road from me.

Thank you. It seems the part I need is 71744327. I have emailed a couple of Fiat dealers to ask if they can supply it. One is Hutton's at Weston super Mare which is just up the road from me.
One more question if I may. Do I have to ensure the window is fully up before I attempt to remove the regulator/ rail?

I can't push it up at the moment although I am now wondering if I need to operate the window switch to get some slack in the cable.

Glass needs to be at least mostly up to get to fixings on the rail.

Hard to identify which parts of the clip broke off from the photo, but it looks like your cable may have lost tension when the clip broke.

Have a look in the Guides section for "Plastic Clip Repair" for some useful info on dismantling.

My front window stopped working today with a bit of a bang. I've removed the interior door panel and found three bits of broken white plastic in the bottom of the door that are probably part of the white plastic clip that you can see by the edge of the glass. You can see the broken bits resting on the Haynes manual to the right of 'FIAT'.

The window goes down but does not go up. I'm not managing to push it up by hand either.

Has anyone any ideas please? Might it just need replacement of the plastic clip? At this stage I don't want to unnecessarily remove bits that might be able to stay in place. Thank you.
i maybe a bit late on this but mine clunks on the way up and down and a lot of people have mentioned the plastic clips that break which form part of the mechanism, fiat call it the window regulator. I've just purchased a complete unit for £60 which even includes the motor.

I've bought the plastic clip. Just need to collect it from the dealer. Where did you buy the complete mechanism from please? Was it easy to fit? Any fitting tips?

I've got the new plastic clip. I've spent a few frustrating hours fitting it. Result so far is that the clip is fitted to the window with both cables inserted, the top cable is fine as it goes around the wheel at the top of the metal rail. I can't fit the bottom cable around the wheel as it is too short.

Do I need to remove the motor and its cover for the cable spool to check the cables are neatly coiled? Maybe they're caught up somehow?

Did you find this

Thank you very much. That is an incredibly comprehensive article. As I understand it I should assemble the whole mechanism as described and then squeeze it all back into the door via the largest aperture. Sounds challenging but obviously possible!

You wont be able to ust get the plastic clip you will need a new window regulator

Back