P0744[01]_22-05-09.JPG

Grande Punto My Gen2 1.4 8v grande punto.

Introduction

Hi people.
Thought i would start a thread now about my new punto. i picked it up two days ago:slayer:and have allready got 200 miles on the clock.:D
It is a pleasure to drive!
i scraped in my old mk1 punto sporting to get it nut dont regret it one bit.

In this thread ill post all modifications,alterations and problems that i have with it.(although modifications i am planing are only small ones atm)

hope you all will enjoy reading my mini blog, and some of you find it useful.(y)
Ok today being the second day iv had the car, i polished it for 6 hours lol. when i brought it they put no protection on it at all and i found when ever i drove it things where sticking to the bonnet and it took away from the look.
so i washed it twice with two seperate shampoos
waxed it twice
polished it with a super resign polish twice
then i sealed it. left the sealer to dry four 1 and a half hours
showroom polished it
blackend all the rubber bits n bobs
then to top it off cleanned the wheels and blackend them.
(I Don't name the products i use but it all only cost me £100 to buy lol)

The results should be pictured below.....

i took it for a bit of a drive today and the performance is starting to pick it up, the first day i had it, it felt quite sluggish. But now it is really picking up.

On a down side tho i am geting some slight problems with the media player not picking up that i have put my memory stick in.(seems to be common)

Attachments

• P2006_21-06-09.JPG
    P2006_21-06-09.JPG
    776.7 KB · Views: 41
  • P2007_21-06-09.JPG
    P2007_21-06-09.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • P2005_21-06-09.JPG
    P2005_21-06-09.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • P2006[02]_21-06-09.JPG
    P2006[02]_21-06-09.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • P1430_21-06-09.JPG
    P1430_21-06-09.JPG
    827.8 KB · Views: 39
SOOOOOOO not happy lol........ People are buyin more white GP's :( lol I thought when i bought mine.. no one will buy white because of the cleaning that has to be done :(

I was very wrong :) Good choice matey tho :) White suite is soo much:D

Get the the front bumper done :D Cost me £40 to have it painted black and it looks brill :)

Mine will look mega italian tonight hopefully.... as i have ordered some pressed plates :) woop :)

Where abouts you from...

i recognise that mk1 punto! did you go to halesowen college and used to drive an escourt?

Yh i did m8. How are u aint sin u in ages.?

Nt quite sure wt my plans are just yet mate as i am wanting to get the 1.9 diesel so what ever i do it wil mostly be transferable.

i used this as my punto is a grande punto and i presumed this is where i would put a thread of this nature.

i was told by a friend to wax first to get off any impurities. what should i of done? im not that up on cleaning lol

lastly can you please post a pic of your front bumper.iv not seen a painted one beforw only the actual grille.

any help and guidance is always apreciated thanx all

Looks sweet as a nut fella! (y)

Fancy washing, waxing, buffing and polishing my car I can't be bothered? :D

yeah sound mate cheers you? was it butwell by any chance who told you about voiding your warrenty if you hit the rev limiter?

your cars mint, i think red or white are good colours on the gps!

go for the 1.9multijet when you can, thats what ive got and i love it!

As for the cleaning procedure....

Wash,clay,wash,dry,polish,wax.

Wax is as sealant does not remove any impurities,that's why you wax at the end.
When you polish all the wax is removed.

Looks good btw!!:cool:

the ECU logs over revs so in the event of the engine or gear box needing work its a nice little get out by fiat/ the dealer

i think i told his mate 'butwell' about the abarth and the ss kit and they not allowing it on cars that have been over rev'd or something along those lines!

Back