General Multijet 150 Sporting

Currently reading:
General Multijet 150 Sporting

pycoed

Wifes car has just failed MOT & she's been angling for a new one for a year or two, so sadly the Stilo has to go. Car is 2007 so one of the last made, with a genuine 79,000 miles. Also probably the last European diesel not to be blighted by a DPF, which is why we've kept this car for so long - that and the 50+ mpg!
We bought it from a dealer (one previous owner) in 2011 with around 10K on the clock & have owned it ever since.
Car has failed on:-
1.Broken spring front left ( I did replace fronts about 8 years ago after a similar break)
2 Rear right caliper handbrake sticking ( I replaced the left 2 years back for a similar issue)
3 Rear right brake pads worn below 1.5mm.
4. Brake flexibles left & right rear with corroded ferrules - both need to be replaced.
If that was all, I could do that in a day for about £150 in parts but... it also needs a small patch of welding offside rear outer sill, which means the plastic outer sill has to come off first.
I'm 74 & decided 10 years back that I'd not weld another car, so together with the wife's strong opinion the Stilo will be going to meet it's maker unless...
If anyone fancies this please contact me soon, I'd much rather someone kept this going, it's been an extremely reliable car for us & it's a shame to see it scrapped. I've been offered £273 collected from a local scrapyard, so if someone can beat that & collect reasonably quickly (say within a month ish) let me know on here or via Email ([email protected]). If it's going to be saved I'll leave the new Varta Silver battery I fitted last year when the alternator was also renewed - the first major failure in 13 years. Oh, & I've done the cambelt & waterpump twice since we've owned it - last time about 10,000 miles back.

Back