Modified Live knockhill...tommorow

Currently reading:
Modified Live knockhill...tommorow

L1MAD

Just a wee question if anyone is heading to knockhil tommorow. European drift championship and time attack rounds =]...or are you all too grown up ? ;) :cool3:

Saw a nice yellow barchetta last week there for the british gt champs...and 2 punto abarths' aswell.

would of loved to have gone, but iv got to revise, exams coming up. been waiting for this event and it turns out its the day before exam,
hope you enjoy it looks great

Working unfortunately, only Knockhill event I'm definitely going to this year is the BTCC - it's a total default for me. Wouldn't mind going for the Motor Fair thing though, think there's an Arrows F1 car trying for the lap record which if memory serves is held by a 2001 Ferrari F1 car that went round a few years back - awesome sound those things make by the way :smile:

Ah unlucky with exam timing =/

And yes its an arrows trying to beat the Ferraris record. Not sure what year of ferrari it is though....BTCC should be good this year too, its the one event a bit of rain doesn't spoil =]

Well that was an awesome day out. Drifting was good fun, time attack was just crazy. New time attack lap record set by an evo of 51.06..roughly....but about 3 seconds faster than the BTCC guys :p

Afraid to say though after seeing the immense 'monster unit' jap car display and 'club japan' (so many nice DC5 integras)....once I hit 21 the loyalty to Italian cars will be over. vtec time I think =]....although the fiat coupe ripping up the time attack looked absolutely fierce...hmmm.

l1mad said:
Well that was an awesome day out. Drifting was good fun, time attack was just crazy. New time attack lap record set by an evo of 51.06..roughly....but about 3 seconds faster than the BTCC guys :p

Afraid to say though after seeing the immense 'monster unit' jap car display and 'club japan' (so many nice DC5 integras)....once I hit 21 the loyalty to Italian cars will be over. vtec time I think =]....although the fiat coupe ripping up the time attack looked absolutely fierce...hmmm.

Aye, drifting looked pretty class at BTCC last year. Think Shane Lynch was one of the guys piloting the cars - both Silvia's if memory serves. The Touring Cars though are ace, Knockhill's a great place to view it as it's so easy to get from one end of the track to the other to get a great viewpoint. Looks like Shedden could be in with a shout of victory there again as well given the Civic's current form.

I'm with you on the Jap stuff - I do like the Italian cars, but my top 5 of next motors is all Jap at the moment with an outside chance of a Coupe 20VT :smile:

I do love the jap motors. infact outside my house I have a Civic VTI with the famouse B16A vtech engine in it. A Civic del sol import with the same engine and a Nissan Skyline R32 GTST.

They are definite nice cars to look at drive and pack a punch. But to me the cinq is just different ... can't really describe the feeling.

But no doubt i will get a jap car in some point, but i will never be without a cinq tho.

Thanks
Ming

Ming that sounds like heaven outside - including the cinq :p

And yes Knockhill is a brilliant track for getting around, I used to generaly stick to the hairpin area although now park down near carlube - new favourite spot haha.

As for jap cars, dads' first words when I got back in on sunday was, don't go near pistonheads or ebay lol

Back