Off Topic Looking for car

Currently reading:
Off Topic Looking for car

Looking for Uno

Hey guys, I'm looking for a car with the reg "H16 GSY" Apparently the SY at the end is for Midlothian Scotland but the website I found that says that also says:
SY - unused since 1974 (Midlothian to 1974, some pre 1963 codes used for re-registration)
And if I look up the numberplate it says it was registered in 1970 which would make sense.
Basically I'm looking for this numberplate as it has a lot of meaning to me and this is the last car it was registered to. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

All the details I know:
Fiat Uno 45 Fire
999cc
Engine number: 9636000
Petrol
Black

Model
Uno 45 Fire
Year
The dvla website has no previous mot Info on this car

Records go back to 2006 suggesting it’s not been on the road in at least 18 years

Either it’s been scrapped or it has rotted away in a yard somewhere.

To transfer a plate the car would need to be taxed or have been taxed in the past 12 months.

Thanks for the help you two,

So my only chance would be to find the car somehow and tax it?

And no I have no connection to the Uno. One of the checks I did using the reg gave me the engine number for some reason.

Do you think it's possible to contact Fiat and see if they would have any info on it?

Thanks again

You have several pretty significant hurdles to overcome.

1. you have to find it, and GDPR rules will be a massive barrier to anyone sharing information with you.

Fiat main dealers will tend to only look after a car for the first few years of its life normally. Thats even assuming the car was wearing that plate for the first few years. So fiat might have never seen a car with that plate, or if they have may not have seen it for over 25 years.

2. If you did find it you have to hope the current owner actually wants to part with it. If its been off the road for this long and hasn't been road worthy in all this time then someone must really want to hold onto it, assuming the car still exists as a car.....

3. the car may have been destroyed. There is no MOT history for the last 18 years, they were renowned for rust it could be its been scrapped long before they brought in the requirement to gain a certificate of destruction I have some vague memory that it only became mandatory to have the cert of destruction in or around that 2006 period.

4. if you can find it, its not been destroyed, the owner is willing to part for it and you can do a deal as lets face it, any owner is likely to see the value of a number plate "HIGGSY" then you get hold of the car you would need to get it up to a roadworthy state to tax it, before you could transfer the plate.

Good luck in your search but I think the odds are very much against you.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a car with the reg "H16 GSY" Apparently the SY at the end is for Midlothian Scotland but the website I found that says that also says:
SY - unused since 1974 (Midlothian to 1974, some pre 1963 codes used for re-registration)
And if I look up the numberplate it says it was registered in 1970 which would make sense.
Basically I'm looking for this numberplate as it has a lot of meaning to me and this is the last car it was registered to. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

All the details I know:
Fiat Uno 45 Fire
999cc
Engine number: 9636000
Petrol
Black
There is no way to find cars unless you're the police... if there was, the rich and famous owners would find themselves kidnapped and murdered...their cars stolen (amongst other criminal outcomes).

Back