Technical Limp mode after gearbox change

Currently reading:
Technical Limp mode after gearbox change

Galen

Hi, I am fairly new to the forum but have done my due diligence to go over all related (and many unrelated) posts and I can't find anything relevant to my situation.

I have a 2014 1.6 JTD 88 kW Bravo ~200k km, that is currently stuck in limp mode. Last year whilst driving on the highway I noticed some slightly sticky gear changes. That later turned into no "front-facing" gear changes, i.e. 1st, 3rd, 5th and reverse were not possible to shift into. I was able to get the car home in 2nd, 4th and 6th without much trouble (thanks to the almighty 330 Nm torque). The mechanic suspected it was a gearbox linkage cable that was snapped, so did a lot of threads on various forums. Got that replaced, however I was suggested that the gearbox was worth replacing as well. The linkage cable as it turned out wasn't snapped and was still fixed in place. I already had bought the spare one from the UK so replaced it nonetheless. I have been visiting that mechanic for years with this and my other car, so to me it was trustworthy. Along with the gearbox replacement, we got a new clutch installed as well. The car had one more issue which was the body control module (BCM) short circuiting. I had a battery leak for a while and whilst getting the car fixed up I asked them to investigate that issue as well, and sure enough they found it was the module itself. I had the common flashing mileage issue occur after replacing the module with one from a Fiat Idea which seemed to match (of course different serial numbers), but regardless, all the features that the BCM controls were working without any issue. I bought a license for multiecuscan and was able to do a proxi alignment and the mileage stopped flashing. With that program, I was also able to clear a lot of other fault codes, although some were left behind. I had attached the report file in regards to that.

So with that said, the car is still stuck in limp mode and whatever procedure I run on it, whatever codes I clear, nothing changes. I have read that some low fluid levels could potentially cause that. The only one that I suspect at the moment is the engine coolant being slightly below the low bar in the reservoir. There aren't any codes/signals to suspect that and the car hasn't had issues with overheating whilst I have had it on whilst diagnosing/servicing, sometimes it running for more that 30 mins whilst stationary. One thing that I haven't checked is the MAF and MAP sensors but I took good measures to periodically clean up the tubes via running it at high RMP in 3rd on the highway.

So I am very stuck now, I really want to fix the car. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Body Computer Marelli (198)
ISO Code: BF 83 0D 0D 31
Hardware number: BC198T.0200 - Ver: 02
Software number: 04440003810 - Ver: 0800

Errors found:
B1046 - Inertia (FIS) switch command Engine Control Node
B10AA - PROXI configuration control
B1015 - Number plate lights
B1009 - Side lights on left side or front left
U1602 - CAN line error

Out of these Proxi configuration control seems fairly strange because when I go to run the procedure it says it is configured correctly. I also could not find/undestand what Hi, I am fairly new to the forum but have done my due diligence to go over all related (and many unrelated) posts and I can't find anything relevant to my situation. Forgot to mention that I have tried many times disabling the battery for a reset and it hasn't worked

Model
Bravo
Year
Mileage

Attachments

• Report1.pdf
    484.3 KB · Views: 13
Back