Technical Flashing Orange light.

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing Orange light.

Banksy

Punto 1.2 8v ELX

The fuel level gauge warning light (orange circle) has started flashing, and the neddle points to empty, but im positive theres half a tank in it, and the car will not start. The battery is definity fully charged.

In the handbook it just says theres a fault in the system.

but what system is it talking about?? and what can be done to sort it?

Please help. Thank you.

How sure are you that its full. Go and stick about 3 quid in and see if it goes off. If it does, let it stand overnight and check back tomorrow. If the light comes on you kow there is probably a leak in a fuel line somewhere.

If the light doesn't go off after you put the fuel in its probably an electrical fault. My dad's airbag warning light goes on and off intermittantly, he just takes it to the garage and they reset the sensor. Might be a similar problem.

Thanks for replys

Which circuit are you refferring to??

Thanks

thanks for very fast replies.

Would this stop the car from starting?

I have had problems with the dash showing all sorts of problems after the battery had been dissconnected for about 4 months by the previous owner, but they have seemed to go on there own, however this one doesnt.

Could the ECU just think theres a problem, and not actually be one?? or am i just guessing :p

Thanks.

OK, thanks. I have already tried dissconnecting battery and have cheacked all the fuses.

Where is the body computer located?

thanks.

Right, OK, so that leaves me pretty stuck then :p

What does a fault in the fuel guage/cluster circuit actually mean?

i really appreciate all this help. Thanks.

Back