Technical Fiat Scudo 64 plate, "engine malfunction" display... low power, but recovers.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Scudo 64 plate, "engine malfunction" display... low power, but recovers.

Kaboooom2000uk

Fiat Scudo 64 plate, "engine malfunction" display... low power, but recovers.

Got a 64 plate Scudo company van and this has happened about 2 years after owning it, along with spongy brakes etc but I will ignore that issue for the moment as this is new and I can't see whats causing it.

Seems one evening coming back from a job, the vehicle shows a message on the display along with a beep. First of all, I didn't catch the message (it was too fast to read, while concentrating on the road) but managed to catch it happen a second time, and it said something about an engine malfunction...

It then goes into what I feel is limp mode? I can drive it, but it feels like it's seriously underpowered. It will still do upto 70mph, but I find it will lose speed on hills in this mode and overtaking is not advisable, but will still drive.

Naturally I stopped to check oil etc at the services, to see if there was anything obviously wrong, usually it lets me know before starting if there's any issues with oil etc. but no engine light or anything untowards seen under the bonnet & oil level appears to be good and temps fine.

Started the engine again, starts fine and idles ok, and it seemed I had power again, drove it for about another 100 miles, and happened again. So not quite sure what is the matter with the thing. No lights to indicate a problem. Needless to say I am a bit stuck as to what it could be.

Did you ever solve this, or anyone know what it would have been? Sounds a lot like the issue we're having with our 64 plate scudo. Increasingly frequently the light flashes on - but doesn't stay on - loss of power, then seems to clear, then returns.

Garage couldn't replicate the fault, so we've no idea.

Back