General Fiat punto clutch

Currently reading:
General Fiat punto clutch

Louisa19x

Driving my car the other day and could hear a weird ‘chirping noise’ got home and realised it was coming from the clutch. Car feels normal when changing gears, and I don’t feel a change within the clutch.

Has anyone had this issue and addressed what it is? Just don’t wanna drive it and make it worse or end up stranded anywhere…

Model
Fiat punto easy
Year
Mileage

Attachments

• IMG_4921.mov
    20 MB
Driving my car the other day and could hear a weird ‘chirping noise’ got home and realised it was coming from the clutch. Car feels normal when changing gears, and I don’t feel a change within the clutch.

Has anyone had this issue and addressed what it is? Just don’t wanna drive it and make it worse or end up stranded anywhere…
Does it go away when the clutch is up and appear with the clutch down? Could be a sign the clutch release bearing needs replacement which basically means you might as well do a full clutch change if it is

Does it go away when the clutch is up and appear with the clutch down? Could be a sign the clutch release bearing needs replacement which basically means you might as well do a full clutch change if it is
Hi Andy, mine (2013 1.2L) is doing the same. Is it no possible to get a little lubricant on the bearings via that little rectangle rubber plug at the top and near the rear of the fly wheel?

Cheers. Darren.

If you have an inspection camera, endoscope (so you can see what you're doing), then maybe, as a very last resort (before clutch job).
Plus some spray lubricant + long straw. You must inject the lube precisely into the bearing gap (not contaminate everything around it).

Hi Andy, mine (2013 1.2L) is doing the same. Is it no possible to get a little lubricant on the bearings via that little rectangle rubber plug at the top and near the rear of the fly wheel?

Cheers. Darren.
Basically no.

Once it’s reached the point of making audiable noise or showing signs of wear then the bearing has had it.

Trying to put oil on there is likely to contaminate the clutch.

If the bearing needs doing and you’re going to be in there, then you might as well fit a clutch as well

It might even not be the clutch bearing, but the gearbox one, the input shaft bearing. For that, you need to access the gearbox.

Back