Technical Fiat panda classic engine single point injection engine

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda classic engine single point injection engine

Good104

Hi
Will. A fiat uno single point injection engine fit in a fiat panda classic, both fire engines but original is a carb version.
Just worried about the electrics
Cheers

yes it will, the electronics are almost self contained given you have the complete engine and wiring loom.

i have the complete Bosch injection system from a Fiat Uno, i did install it to Talon, my panda 4x4 sisley for a while.
originally the ECU lived under the dash of the Uno however it can be made to quite easily fit behind the battery on a panda.
the ECU only needs a live and an ignition live. it does have a common narrow band lambda sensor in the exhaust which if you can weld is easy to fit to a pandas down pipe.
to convert a carbed FIRE engine to use this ECU system only requires the intake manifold to be changed over which supports the SPI throttle body.. a throttle body used on some older low engine sized PSA branded cars like the AX and 106.
you will also need to add an electronic in line fuel pump too. the system only needs 0.8 BAR of fuel pressure which does auto regulate if you use a pump that puts out higher pressure. just be sure that the fuel can return to the tank fast enough as a pandas fuel return line is more narrow than the suction line from the tank. i played it safe and used a homemade swirl pot i made from a copper filter/drier from off an AC system.
this ECU does not have a crank position sensor. the ECU gets its injection signal directly from the green wire coming from the distributor (which goes to the coil).
the system worked well and i ran it for a while. sadly while running experiments i managed to damage the idle air control actuator that sits on the side of the throttle body. a replacement cost around £60 and back then my only income was generated via Youtube videos... which reminds me.. i bet i have some crappy videos of me installing the system to Talon. see bottom of post.

the faulty idle air control valve caused me to convert Talon back to carb as i could not justify paying out for a new control valve actuator... which now days i so would have as the ECU supported AFC (automatic fuel cut off while coasting) which does save that little bit extra of fuel but mostly exists to protect CAT converters from neat fuel poisoning.

all in all, its a basic fuel injection system that "could" be installed to any engine (i did fit this EFI system on a 300cc lawn mower engine and it worked well! however i did have to manually control the idle speed till the engine warmed up due to the faulty idle air control actuator)

if i had to go with the Bosch or the Marelli system however, i would go with the Marelli. yes it is more complex as it incorporates the ignition system thus needing a crank position sensor but i feel that it is a more"safe" system with less to go wrong. it has no moving parts.. no idle air actuator. with the engine running a CPS it does not have to predict the next injection like the Bosch one does.

still a good system though.
hope this tism dump helped..

Back