Technical Fiat Coupe turbo Drilling the Air Box

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Coupe turbo Drilling the Air Box

[email protected]

Hi

Just need some advice, I have been told it would be a good idea to drill holes in the side of my airbox...

What are your thoughts on this???

Could it cause any damage?

if it is worth doing what size holes would be best and how many??

I am open to all suggestions

Cheers

if you want more noise then yes you can drill the airbox, but you must drill the non-filtered side. personally i cant think why you would do that, if you want noise just fit a cone filter.

Don't do it. I drilled mine, and the car now sounds like a broken vacuum cleaner when on boost.

There is not a lot wrong with the standard airbox, if its fitted with a decent panel filter.

i drilled mine, after making the mistake of buying a k&n Cone filter that sounds like you have a refugee gasping for air in your glove box, its much much more pleasant sounding with a drilled airbox. i drilled 4 or 5 35 mm holes in mine!!!

i drilled mine, after making the mistake of buying a k&n Cone filter that sounds like you have a refugee gasping for air in your glove box, its much much more pleasant sounding with a drilled airbox. i drilled 4 or 5 35 mm holes in mine!!!

i with you mate, drilling the air box is fine, gives it a lovely note!!

all you need to do is replace the element filter with a BMC panel or some thing like that and drill the holes a bit then thats perfect!

if you got any other questions, hit the Fiat coupe forum!

Don't expect any gains from it, will make more noise but won't do anything for performance thats noticeable at all if not slightly reduce it.

I'd say performance induction kit or replacement planel filter, leave the drilling.

:yeahthat: totally agree... Chav mod drilling airboxes... (n)

I complete disagree.

just alloing more air to enter and adding a little amount of sound.

(its the same as a filter, all the air is restricted by the air flow meter any way)

if you're going down the route of an SIP the a cone filter is the only way!

if you want a bit nore noise, drill the box end of.

p.s nearly everyone on the coupe forum have done this mod, at the moment they are selling pre drilled boxes!

Last edited:
same here, thats why i have a 264.3bhp fiat coupe!

and still using the standard air box and have drilled it also.

i no mate, all im saying is the people on FCCUK no every thing on coupe's and i knida swear by what they have to say!

i hate it when people say its a chav thing to do because its really not, all your allowing is a minor ammount of air to entre and a different note to the sound.

its mostly peoples prefrence to sound, i like the sound with the drilled box!

i no mate, all im saying is the people on FCCUK no every thing on coupe's and i knida swear by what they have to say!

i hate it when people say its a chav thing to do because its really not, all your allowing is a minor ammount of air to entre and a different note to the sound.

its mostly peoples prefrence to sound, i like the sound with the drilled box!

Its the same as when we were kids putting a lolly stick in the back brake of our pushbikes so it sounded like a motorbike.... :rolleyes:

Its the same as when we were kids putting a lolly stick in the back brake of our pushbikes so it sounded like a motorbike.... :rolleyes:

i agree, or a coke can

its a **** mod get a proper induction kit or dont bother. you dont go getting extra performance by drilling holes in things.

if you want to do that go get some nice wardrobes from ikea

i agree, or a coke can

its a **** mod get a proper induction kit or dont bother. you dont go getting extra performance by drilling holes in things.

if you want to do that go get some nice wardrobes from ikea

no you dont really get extra performance from drilling holes in things.

but you do get a little bit of sound from it instead!!! There are people that want a big induction sound and there are people who dont!

no you dont really get extra performance from drilling holes in things.

but you do get a little bit of sound from it instead!!! There are people that want a big induction sound and there are people who dont!

yeah..if you want a big induction sound why not get a decent filter and induction pipe instead

yer you would if you wanted a Big sound then knock your self out!

but we are talking about drilling the air box for a little change in sound!

Back