Ducato clutch replacement

Currently reading:
Ducato clutch replacement

Wiff2110

My 2008 fiat ducato motorhome 2.3Ltr multi jet the clutch pedal stays depressed so unable to select the gear change. The hydraulic oil in the master cylinder is still topped up so there isn’t a leak. So what has gone wrong?

My 2008 fiat ducato motorhome 2.3Ltr multi jet the clutch pedal stays depressed so unable to select the gear change. The hydraulic oil in the master cylinder is still topped up so there isn’t a leak. So what has gone wrong?
I suspect a "lazy" clutch master cylinder. Confirm with your mechanic before spending. Modern plastic cylinders seem more prone to it.
If you reach down and pull the pedal up or pump it a couple of times does it return and feel firm on the down ward stroke like normal.
Just in case it is a lazy pivot arm on the clutch pedal try spraying a bit of WD40 in that area, not so much your foot slips off the brake pedal though.:)

I suspect a "lazy" clutch master cylinder. Confirm with your mechanic before spending. Modern plastic cylinders seem more prone to it.
If you reach down and pull the pedal up or pump it a couple of times does it return and feel firm on the down ward stroke like normal.
Just in case it is a lazy pivot arm on the clutch pedal try spraying a bit of WD40 in that area, not so much your foot slips off the brake pedal though.:)
If I pull the pedal up when it’s in gear I can drive but as soon as I engage the clutch pedal again it stays down, I’m then committed to using my brakes to stop and stall the engine, clutch pedal remain depressed. It will then lift again by hand but there isn’t any pressure on depressing the pedal it just goes depressed and stays there.

If I pull the pedal up when it’s in gear I can drive but as soon as I engage the clutch pedal again it stays down, I’m then committed to using my brakes to stop and stall the engine, clutch pedal remain depressed. It will then lift again by hand but there isn’t any pressure on depressing the pedal it just goes depressed and stays there.
Try the WD40, but sounds like lazy cylinder.

any idea where I locate this, only my enquiries so far indicates that the slave cylinder is part of the clutch.
I don't know for sure on your model, others on Forum can advise better.
However if slave is part of clutch that would indicate a "concentric clutch slave cylinder where it is positioned as part of the clutch release bearing inside the clutch bell housing so involving gearbox removal!
What I was saying was to check the master cylinder side which is probably above the clutch pedal, although some vehicles originally designed for LHD fit it over that side.
Check what I said first as is the cheapest option to look at.
You can usually locate the master cylinder by following the filler pipe often from the side of the brake master cylinder reservoir.

Back