Technical Cruise control problem

Currently reading:
Technical Cruise control problem

Wolfydo

Hi, there! Has anyone had cruise control go off while driving? The dash light goes out and cannot be restarted by the lever. The car goes into some kind of emergency mode and there is no power when the gas is applied. After restarting the engine it is fine. There are no recorded errors on the engine, brakes and ABS. He rarely does it, but it started to annoy me.

Hi,
Had the same problem when chip-tuning my Croma. The engine goes into limp mode after hard acceleration and the cruise control light goes off and won't turn on if the engine is not restarted.
When doing on-board diagnostics, we saw that the high fuel pressure pump couldn't handle the pressure, which resulted the limp mode. So it's either the fuel pressure pump, or one or few of the injectors applies too much fuel, and the pump can't handle it.
After reducing the pressure when chip-tuning, the limp mode problem nearly got away, but sometimes I got it. After 4 years by replacing the timing belt with water pump and one of the injectors the problem just disappeared.
If I remember correctly the pressure where everything was OK, was around 1600 bar (but I can be wrong, this was 4 years ago).

Hi,
Had the same problem when chip-tuning my Croma. The engine goes into limp mode after hard acceleration and the cruise control light goes off and won't turn on if the engine is not restarted.
When doing on-board diagnostics, we saw that the high fuel pressure pump couldn't handle the pressure, which resulted the limp mode. So it's either the fuel pressure pump, or one or few of the injectors applies too much fuel, and the pump can't handle it.
After reducing the pressure when chip-tuning, the limp mode problem nearly got away, but sometimes I got it. After 4 years by replacing the timing belt with water pump and one of the injectors the problem just disappeared.
If I remember correctly the pressure where everything was OK, was around 1600 bar (but I can be wrong, this was 4 years ago).
Hi! I don't have a remap. It actually happens to me at speeds over 140 km/h and over 2600 revs approximately. 2 years ago I adjusted the nozzles and everything was normal. I just have to check the fuel pump. I remember there was some kind of strainer in there, if it got clogged possibly, or the pump just went away.

I drive an automatic, so the problem was when hard accelerating from start to 3rd gear (accelerator to the floor, 4000+rpm), and if I did an overtake at higher speed, with rpm above ~2400.

I drive with manual gears. Apparently, when suddenly applying gas above certain revolutions and speed, it happens. And is it possible that it happens from an added additive for diesel, which is added in a larger amount?

I guess so, as the additives could "correct" the injector values. I would start with checking the injector correction values at first. Of course MultiECUScan or AlfaOBD isn't the best option for actual correction values, but at least it would show which injector is faulty (if it is faulty). One of my injectors had a correction value of 5.5, when the normal value is up to 1. :)

Back