Technical Charging Issue

Currently reading:
Technical Charging Issue

Carmine Santino

Hi Guys
I hope someone can help me with this weird issue. I own a Fiat 500 La Prima which I love.
I have recently had an issue when Charging.
I turn off the car, get out, close the door and all is fine. As soon as I plug in to charge, the car turns itself on and the radio bursts into life.
It hasn't been a big problem as I just open and close the door and its fine but its a bit annoying.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Guys
I hope someone can help me with this weird issue. I own a Fiat 500 La Prima which I love.
I have recently had an issue when Charging.
I turn off the car, get out, close the door and all is fine. As soon as I plug in to charge, the car turns itself on and the radio bursts into life.
It hasn't been a big problem as I just open and close the door and its fine but its a bit annoying.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

It’s a Fiat thing. Can’t remember where but in the centre screen settings you’ll find Auto-off. Change it to zero.

This happens to mine, but only since an online software upgrade to the Nav system. The Auto-off setting is to off. I have thought of trying a U-Connect reset - apparently you hold the center console volume control down for 30 sec.

This happens to mine, but only since an online software upgrade to the Nav system. The Auto-off setting is to off. I have thought of trying a U-Connect reset - apparently you hold the center console volume control down for 30 sec.
Thanks. Have you tied it? Did it resolve it?

Thanks. Have you tied it? Did it resolve it?
I'd been meaning to try for some time, but forgot, so I tried this morning. I've switched the car off 3 times so far, and the problem has not recurred. I'll see what happens when I next charge.

Last edited:
Thanks again. I tried the soft reset with the centre button hold down but unfortunately it didn’t work.
I think I’m going to try and go through the menu and do a hard reset which means completely resetting U-connect.

Back