Posted by davidthelodge
Bridgnorth
Sunday, September 1, 2024 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 1, 2024 - 04:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Bridgnorth is an attractive, historic town in lovely Shropshire. Built on two levels “High town” and “Low town” connected by a fun-to-ride Victorian funicular railway

1724686271654.jpeg

If I go I would probably try to park in the Severn Street car park on the opposite side of the River Severn - free on Sunday but I think(?) you will still need to book your ticket here (you might want to phone+check beforehand):

then walk across the bridge and get the cliff railway
I’ve just spoken to them and they say they’ll be open at 10.00 on the day - but if not you can walk up… a lot of steps🤣 to High town and the High Street where the cars will be displayed (£15 +registration if you want yours displayed - Note: driving in the town is congested+tricky!)

Event details here:

Plenty of other stuff to see and do in the town including the famous +wonderful Severn Valley Steam Railway (featured in many period movies +TV dramas) and ride on a steam train all the way to Kidderminster (you don’t have to go all the way, plenty of stations en route) or just wander around the station and see the steam sheds and experience the sight+smell of the magnificent engines as they arrive+depart (click the embedded “Watch on YouTube” link below to see what you might see!)

Reactions: ben
Back