Technical Bravo 1.4 Shuddering during acceleration

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo 1.4 Shuddering during acceleration

oatkinson115

Hi,
I have a 2011 multi air sport. I have a shuddering during acceleration between 30-45mph(ish). We’ve tried replacing the drive shaft but there has been no change. Has anyone come across this issue before and if so, what was the fix?

Model
1.4 Multi air sport (140bhp)
Year
Mileage
Hi,
I have a 2011 multi air sport. I have a shuddering during acceleration between 30-45mph(ish). We’ve tried replacing the drive shaft but there has been no change. Has anyone come across this issue before and if so, what was the fix?
Not specific to your vehicle, but first are you sure the shuddering is from the side you changed and was it a complete brand new shaft from gearbox to wheel?
Is there any wheel or tyre fault, is there any wear in the suspension or bushes.
Has it been lowered or otherwise modified?
Does the shuddering change at same speed and acceleration if going around a left or right hand turn?
Can you duplicate the shudder with car safely on axle stands, note car has to be supported on the suspension arms so that wheels are in the same position as they are when sat on the road (i.e. not hanging down so CV joints are working at a funny angle).
Most common shudder is outer CV joints followed by duff tyres or wheels generally, but every problen can be different.;)

I have had this before and replaced the spider joints and repacked with grease on the driveshafts, transmission side. If there is movement between the cup and spiders it causes this. Normally because the grease escaped due to boot failure.

Back