Technical Anyone know what this is?

Currently reading:
Technical Anyone know what this is?

tjordan

Hello, spotted this hanging from the bottom of my 06 panda. Can anyone direct me to a fix? Is it the brake line clip? Thanks
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg

Model
MK3
Year
Mileage
Yes

Screenshot_20240821-195725.png

The bracket corroded away

I normally cable tie them to something, as long as they are secure, they pass a MOT

You could weld or pay to have one welded back

I can't see the clip that holds the hydraulic pipe in place just above it, am I missing something?

Screenshot_20240821-202128.png

It looks to me as if it broken in the worse possibly place and is effecting both handbrake and hydraulic pipe

I be tempted to do a proper repair by spot drilling a bracket of a breaker and plug weld it back

Last edited:
I think the bracket is riveted on to the floor (at least they were on my Sporting).
I replaced both with better condition ones from a crashed Panda when I was putting it back together as they were both disintegrating, but I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have a spare shell to cannibalise.
Tie-wraps will do the same job.

The swing arms have similar brackets. Split a hose that fits over the brake cable and use a couple of zip ties.

I replaced the steel brake pipes from rear axle pivot all the way to the brake. It's about 600mm of braided hose. Cut the old hose and spin the fragment off the underbody steel pipe. You can now clean out the inevitable lifted plastic layer caused by the zinc plating doing its job. Use the hose fragment with the end plugged to stop fluid dripping out. I used P clips and M5 cap heads to hold the new lines but sleeve bobbins and zip ties also work. Brake line makers will add as many grommets/bobbins as you need.

Last edited:
Back