garage (1).jpg

Another '2, Turbo

Introduction

I got a promotion at work recently, so decided to treat myself to another '2. This time i got a Turbo (y)

Its another Rev 4 GT (same as my NA with the addition of a hairdryer of course) , factory recaro seats, lowered on Tein coilovers and a viper cat 1 pager alarm. It did have a Baileys dump valve kit on it, but was causing boost leak issues so have gone back to the standard BOV for the time being.

All i can say is its silly quick, in a completely different league to the NA! Now i've gone turbo i dont think i can go back to NA again, the torque is mad :slayer:

Anyways, pics:
garage.php

garage.php

garage.php

Need to take some proper pics sometime :rolleyes:
Nice! there's nothing like the feeling of a turbo'd engine coming on song, a chap on fccuk forum was saying that although his new M3 is faster, the coop feels the faster car cos of the way the boost comes in so brutal.

Turbo's give me a chubby (y)

Nice looking car.

Those seats are Recaro SR3 (called Speed in Euro markets) offered as optional extras on Celica GT4 ST205 as the seat pattern is pure Celica GT4 which of course has back seats to match, never seen in a MR2 before. The seats are same basic design as fitted to Lancia integrale EVO2's (though Lancia do not have Recaro emboidered but are embossed with HF in either leather like mine or alcantara), integra Type R, original JDM Civic Type R, some Skyline's, Mitsi EVO's etc. I love the design its a classic seat.

Someone was asking £800 for a full Recaro ST205 interior recently on owners club, I thought they were mad as brand new Recaro Speeds are only £300 each direct from Recaro, OK you need subframes, and they will not match back seats (didn't bother Honda they just stuck red ones in) but still excessive IMO.

Aaron.

Back