General Am I Mad (Panda 100)

Currently reading:
General Am I Mad (Panda 100)

Ok soon it will be time to change my current car my mk2b sporting which has been arwful but that is another topic. Ok i have been looking at the panda 100 and am impressed with it after i learned about the sport button. But its just getting my head around it being a panda but i really like it and think its cool and very different. If i was going to get one would give it around 120bhp and that should make it pretty nippy.

So what i am asking what made you buy a panda 100?

Hmmmm let me think.

I suppose the first thing to bear in mind in my case is that my 100hp is my weekday workhorse with 'sports car' being reserved for weekends and fundays. So the pressure was off me to get a car that was all things to all men so to speak.

1. Value for money - all the toys at a good price for a brand new car.
2. Performance with relative economy.
3. Five door practicality.
4. Comes in grey - after years of silver cars I've moved on to grey (gives it a bit of a Q-car quality which disguises it's potential until I want to show it.:devil: )
5. I like the black wheel arch extensions, side skirts and front & rear bumper arrangement.
6. Aesthetically I really like the 'box like' appearance and wheel and each corner purposeful stance - looks good on the move and parked.
7. Always been a FIAT fan - nearly bought a Panda 'sporting' when they were released but interior was still a bit light for me - 100HP has a more sombre, dare I say 'adult' appearance which personally appealed to my taste.

And finally - It's an absolute hoot to drive and I love it!(y)

From the beginning i liked the MK2 Panda.But it had not enough power and it was not sporty enough for me to buy an new one.
In October 2006 i saw a the 100HP in a dutch car-magazine called: Autovisie.
I was very happy that Fiat brought out a sporty car for a very good price with all the luxury on it.

My girlfriend and i had 2 cars.A Ford Ka and a Fiesta diesel.We wanted to swap both cars for a new one because my girlfriend was getting a new job nearer to our house.So she needed not a car anymore.

So in december 2006 we ordered a new Panda 100HP.On 23th of februari we could pick it up!Inthe months we've got it, we're very pleased with it.It's very fun driving with this car!!
We love it!!

ok thanks for the replays i was offered one today for £84995 (2,000 miles) because i said i would be going to a car super market :slayer:

Bought mine because I liked the panda but didn't think it was really butch enough, when I saw a 100hp at the local garage I bought it there and then, other reasons for having it are that its not your average car and it should be hassle free to run

I went to my dealer to test drive a 55reg Idea.I came back from the test drive and a couple of minutes later a mechanic parks a Grey 100HP right next to it,of course the thought of the Idea went out the door pretty sharpish:D .Totally different types of car I know but who cares when it's so much fun to drive

£8495 with 2,000 miles isn't that much of a bargain,I got my '07 for £8490 brand-new from Thames in Slough.Haggle a bit more (y)

BTW with 100HP it's fairly nippy anyway:)

Back