Technical Advice please Scudo 2012 BCM issue

Currently reading:
Technical Advice please Scudo 2012 BCM issue

Iaindm79

Good evening all.

Looking for some advice please and thanks in advance.

My scudo van has gone a bit mad.
The issue started with stereo going off then wipers stayed on along with lights on constantly.. When I turned off the engine it was to never start again?

5 weeks in a local garage and they couldn't find the fault and advised I find an auto electrician which is difficult as I live on an island in the Highlands of Scotland 😬

I've read about issues with the bcm but want to find out if anyone has had this fault before and can compare before I go and buy another and get it cloned..
Any advice greatly appreciated 👍

Model
Scudo
Year
Mileage
Good evening all.

Looking for some advice please and thanks in advance.

My scudo van has gone a bit mad.
The issue started with stereo going off then wipers stayed on along with lights on constantly.. When I turned off the engine it was to never start again?

5 weeks in a local garage and they couldn't find the fault and advised I find an auto electrician which is difficult as I live on an island in the Highlands of Scotland 😬

I've read about issues with the bcm but want to find out if anyone has had this fault before and can compare before I go and buy another and get it cloned..
Any advice greatly appreciated 👍
Just a thought, first disconnect the radio as issue started there. then next question , has the vehicle been subject to water ingress any where on the electrics?
If so check and clean any wiring plugs and electrical contacts at that area using a good quality switch cleaner (not WD40) finally if all fuses are good and battery fully charged see if any improvement.
After all that then as you are some distance from auto electrician etc. I would advise purchase of MultiEcuScan and correct leads to get a reading of any error codes.
There are many MES users on Fiat Forum with experience to advise in this direction.
In my experience unless water has got into an ECU or BCM they rarely develop a fault on their own.
I am not saying an external issue doesn't cause ECU or BCM problem, just don't jump to it as first course of action.:)

Just a thought, first disconnect the radio as issue started there. then next question , has the vehicle been subject to water ingress any where on the electrics?
If so check and clean any wiring plugs and electrical contacts at that area using a good quality switch cleaner (not WD40) finally if all fuses are good and battery fully charged see if any improvement.
After all that then as you are some distance from auto electrician etc. I would advise purchase of MultiEcuScan and correct leads to get a reading of any error codes.
There are many MES users on Fiat Forum with experience to advise in this direction.
In my experience unless water has got into an ECU or BCM they rarely develop a fault on their own.
I am not saying an external issue doesn't cause ECU or BCM problem, just don't jump to it as first course of action.:)
Hi bugsymike.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes there was water in the rear light cluster bottom bulb submerged. Removed and dried out but same issues.
I will take a bit more time on all connections and try again before going down the bcm route.
The engines turning over and fully charged etc. 🤯

Thanks again

Hi bugsymike.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes there was water in the rear light cluster bottom bulb submerged. Removed and dried out but same issues.
I will take a bit more time on all connections and try again before going down the bcm route.
The engines turning over and fully charged etc. 🤯

Thanks again
Get Error codes read properly before going BCM route, as might not fix anything.

Back