Technical Abarth 595 rear brake ache!

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 595 rear brake ache!

Mrnonmechanic

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and have no idea how to use it, but I need some help please. My wife has a 2021 Abarth 595 Scorpionero. It needs front & rear discs and pads. Lipscombe Fiat wanted £1500. I got Brembo parts for £317. I have done the front no problem...I have all the tools and torque specs etc, but on the rear caliper carrier you have to loosen the 4 stub axle bolts to access the carrier bolts what look look like either hex bolts or star socket bolts to get the carrier off.

Does anybody know what bolt it is, and what size hex or torx socket I need. Thank you so much in advance.

Torx bolts. My biggest socket is 16 and on my Panda that would be too small. Caliper carrier were 16 and the stub axle bigger. The bolts on the front carrier were 18 so I would guess 18 or 19 unless someone more knowlegagble comes along, (they usually do)
Hi, many thanks for your assistance.
If they are torx bolts then I would imagine it would be about a T40 or T45, as I can get my little finger inside. The sub axle bolts are 19mm. Very strange design.

Yes. Some people have managed to get the carrier off without undoing these. I imagine they will be brutally hard to get out. The carrier bolts were locktighted in and needed the car lifting under the breaker bar with a jack to shift them. If you do this job, do try and take a few photos as all the information on it helps to build the info dtatbase.

This thread will help

Yes. Some people have managed to get the carrier off without undoing these. I imagine they will be brutally hard to get out. The carrier bolts were locktighted in and needed the car lifting under the breaker bar with a jack to shift them. If you do this job, do try and take a few photos as all the information on it helps to build the info dtatbase.

This thread will help
I will do, many thanks. I found this which is really useful. It appears the caliper carrier bolts are 8mm Allen bolts (See photo) so i will replace them when I get them off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_123644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_123644_Chrome.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 19
Back