Technical coupe 2.0 turbo into punto

Currently reading:
Technical coupe 2.0 turbo into punto

bez

hi boys and girls i am new on here and was just wondering if anyone had any info on putin a coupe 2.0 turbo into a punto the punto is only a 1.2 60 i whould b very gr8full for any infor i could get many thx bez :D

The punto lot will be along shortly.

Does the 2.0 unit actually fit into the 1.2 engine bay????? if not i dont think you have a prayer of doing this conversion.

Also this would be an expensive conversion i would imagine so i hope you have a lot of money saved, as its going to be expensive.

Also text speak is frowned upon on this forum, so in future posts i wouldnt use it.

Other than that, welcome to the forum. :)

well as you say that would expensive so what whould you recomend because the 1.2 is just not fast enought for me but i still want to keep the punto ??

a local(ish) - hello there. I'm from st annes.

a coupe engne..that would make it quite a bit faster, and quite a bit more on the insurance..

could turbo the 1.2 instead - that'd give u more power, and not be as expensive as a coupe engine transplant.

remeber though, you'll need to uprage the suspension and brakes at the same time or before you do the engine.

do you plan to do the work urself? if not, kustom kreations in bispham might be able to help out.

as has been said though, insurance will be killer

What will you drive for 2-3 years then?

Buy a Punto GT in a few years time, that will meet your requirements and you will be able to get insurance.

I am using my experience on here of previous people asking about such conversions.

bez said:
you never heard of a project car pal many people do it and it will normaly take up to 2/3 years if done properley

Welcome to the forum & good luck with the project, I'll be interested to know what it comes out like! ;) Keep us posted! (y)

Paul you're only jealous because you couldn't tackle a project like this! :p :D

arc thank you for your advice and yea i would be hoping to do the work my self

The Negotiator yea i can understand what you are saying but that is just a normaly car it is nothin out of this world if you no what i mean so and i would be driving my other punto around

The punto is not designed to take that kind of power, the brakes on my Thema 16V turbo (same engine as coupe) is almost the size of the rims on the punto!!:D

you won't need more then 200hp IMHO. I've been there in a panda and i can tell you the wheel spin and broken parts aren't worth the cost!!

tune the 1.2 engine.105bhp and 85ilbs of torque.those are reliable figures.makes the punto fun to drive.btw,welcome. :D

Back