Technical PROBLEMS WITH COOLING FLUIDS SENSORS/SENDING UNITS, My gauge for the cooling fluid temperature on the dashboard doesn't move. Ive changed the sensor b

Currently reading:
Technical PROBLEMS WITH COOLING FLUIDS SENSORS/SENDING UNITS, My gauge for the cooling fluid temperature on the dashboard doesn't move. Ive changed the sensor b

dsevdaliskarp

My gauge for the cooling fluid temperature on the dashboard doesn't move. Ive changed the sensor by the glow plugs but no change. Any suggestions??

Do you struggle to warm the car up? Does the heater get red hot? Might be that your sensor and gauge are fine and your thermostat is at fault. On most cars you can normally test the gauge by pulling off the temp sensor plug, bridging the connector with a paper clip which should make the gauges go to the top with ignition on

Do you struggle to warm the car up? Does the heater get red hot? Might be that your sensor and gauge are fine and your thermostat is at fault. On most cars you can normally test the gauge by pulling off the temp sensor plug, bridging the connector with a paper clip which should make the gauges go to the top with ignition on
Mechanic says thermostat is ok, changed the sensor with no result. When we shorted the connector the gauge did go to the top. The truck is a Fiat Strada , 1700 td, year 2000. Recently had some problems with the glow plug relay unit which we changed.(OE 464384560). Mechanic seems to be at a loss of what to do next.

So are you saying the heater does get as hot as it should but the gauge is still at the bottom? Doesn’t make sense to me if this is the case. What test did the mechanic do to confirm the thermostat isn’t at fault?

So are you saying the heater does get as hot as it should but the gauge is still at the bottom? Doesn’t make sense to me if this is the case. What test did the mechanic do to confirm the thermostat isn’t at fault?
Ι really dont know, I pointed out to him that it might be from the thermostat(since my gauge worked erratically ,previous to stopping it was all over the place), he replied that he had checked the thermostat and that it was working. He did say that the cooling fluid hose was soft and that the upper and lower cooling hoses had the same temperature. Am I correct that the sensor that sends the reading to the gauge is the one thats located by the glow plugs??

Ι really dont know, I pointed out to him that it might be from the thermostat(since my gauge worked erratically ,previous to stopping it was all over the place), he replied that he had checked the thermostat and that it was working. He did say that the cooling fluid hose was soft and that the upper and lower cooling hoses had the same temperature. Am I correct that the sensor that sends the reading to the gauge is the one thats located by the glow plugs??
That could just mean the thermostat is stuck open then. As I asked before does the heater blow nice and hot?

That could just mean the thermostat is stuck open then. As I asked before does the heater blow nice and hot?
Ι live on the most southern part of a Greek Island , Egypt is just south. Dont use the heater too often/much , but I will check tomorrow. Thank you for you interest!

Ι live on the most southern part of a Greek Island , Egypt is just south. Dont use the heater too often/much , but I will check tomorrow. Thank you for you interest!
Not saying I’m right but from what you’ve told me i’d be suspecting a stuck open thermostat. Obviously the only way of confirming it is to swap it and see if it solves your problem 🙂

Not saying I’m right but from what you’ve told me i’d be suspecting a stuck open thermostat. Obviously the only way of confirming it is to swap it and see if it solves your problem 🙂
Update, went to garage put on the heater but no heat came out at all. Mechanic after looking at several things told me that the interior heat exchanger was blocked so I ordered a new one . Insists that the thermostat is ok.

Back