Technical noisy interior fan

Currently reading:
Technical noisy interior fan

bikesteve44

hi all just purchased a 500x cross plus the interior fan is very noisy ,on full sounds like a plane taking off anybody any ideas have been told it may be the fan matrix whatever that is on its way out

I had a similar problem but actually more of a vibration.

Mine occurred directly after 1st service. Replace under warranty. Got the old unit back.

In my case I worked out what was wrong. When the cabin filter was replace leaves/debris got into the fan unit and upset the balance. Easy to check for "stuff" in there.

As for jet engine noise then this could be debris or it could be an air direction flap not working correctly. You could try all possible flap settings to see if a) they do as expected and b) monitor noise.

I would also certainly check the insdie of the fan motor unit. Dead easy to do and takes 10 minutes.

I had a similar problem but actually more of a vibration.

Mine occurred directly after 1st service. Replace under warranty. Got the old unit back.

In my case I worked out what was wrong. When the cabin filter was replace leaves/debris got into the fan unit and upset the balance. Easy to check for "stuff" in there.

As for jet engine noise then this could be debris or it could be an air direction flap not working correctly. You could try all possible flap settings to see if a) they do as expected and b) monitor noise.

I would also certainly check the insdie of the fan motor unit. Dead easy to do and takes 10 minutes.
thanks for the reply , do you have to remove the dash panels to get to the motor?

thanks for the reply , do you have to remove the dash panels to get to the motor?
No, as far as I recall.

The fan motor is accessible from the passenger foot well. The motor is mounted 'end vertically down' so just drops downwards once the screws are removed. Worst case is the glove box has to be removed which has to be done to change the cabin filter anyway.

No, as far as I recall.

The fan motor is accessible from the passenger foot well. The motor is mounted 'end vertically down' so just drops downwards once the screws are removed. Worst case is the glove box has to be removed which has to be done to change the cabin filter anyway.
can anyone give a detailed account of how the fan/motor is accessible and i have a part no of EJV00006 will this be the same for most vehicles

EJV00006 is a Jeep P/N which I think equates to the 500X P/N.

As for how accessible/detailed account then have you actually looked under the dash on the UK Near side (passenger) / vehicle LHS?

If in doubt run the fan and feel the black housings and just listen. Also look at the pictures on the web.

Back