Technical fiat ducato led headlights

Currently reading:
Technical fiat ducato led headlights

Hi I live up in Scotland I have a fiat ducato 2022 plate I purchased a set of drl headlights but flickering at start up did you manage to get them sorted or can you point me in the correct direction for getting my drls sorted to stop them flickering youre help would be most greatly appreciated
Hi Andrew

The only way to stop them flickering on startup is to have them coded into the body control module this I can do for you for a fee, unfortunately you would have to drive the vehicle to us in Liverpool

Hi Andrew

The only way to stop them flickering on startup is to have them coded into the body control module this I can do for you for a fee, unfortunately you would have to drive the vehicle to us in Liverpool
I’ve just had my lights done by Phil at motor stores in Liverpool. Well worth the drive . 100% happy customer.

Hi Andrew

Hi do you have a contact number or email that I can contact you on

HI just to let people know I made the trip down to Liverpool with my 2022 8 series motorhome and met Phill he tryed to sort my drl headlights from flickering he was at it for almost 2hrs and couldn't do the job so just to let people know if your vehicle is 2017 and newer he won't be able to do it as the 2017 and newer has a security Gateway on them and he can't get past the security Gateway so yes it was a waste of a journey for me a 500 mile round trip from Scotland so I still need them done so if there is any one else who can stop my drl headlights from flickering give me a shout

Mines a 2017 and a relay and Phil managed ok. So it must later than the 2017 that have extra security

HI just to let people know I made the trip down to Liverpool with my 2022 8 series motorhome and met Phill he tryed to sort my drl headlights from flickering he was at it for almost 2hrs and couldn't do the job so just to let people know if your vehicle is 2017 and newer he won't be able to do it as the 2017 and newer has a security Gateway on them and he can't get past the security Gateway so yes it was a waste of a journey for me a 500 mile round trip from Scotland so I still need them done so if there is any one else who can stop my drl headlights from flickering give me a shout
Yes I did think he couldn't do it even though he said he could I told them I had a 22 plate but still was told it was possible. I was going to make the journey then fit my LED headlights when I got there. But won't bother now. I know all about the SGW as I have all the software and the cables and I know where the SGW is on the ducato behind the glove box on the passenger side easy ish to get to. I am sure it's possible for one of us to sort it

Yes I did think he couldn't do it even though he said he could I told them I had a 22 plate but still was told it was possible. I was going to make the journey then fit my LED headlights when I got there. But won't bother now. I know all about the SGW as I have all the software and the cables and I know where the SGW is on the ducato behind the glove box on the passenger side easy ish to get to. I am sure it's possible for one of us to sort it
Hi, My 22 reg, 21 build Ducato does not have a SGW, when I plugged Multiecuscan in it didn't show up in the module listing, I can also activate various items and read data values back.

Did it ask for any colour cable like grey or blue or did you connect it directly using the OBD cable.
Very weird why it's not got an SGW. The plot thickens
No, just plugged it straight into OBD2 port it was Gendan who said if fitted it would show up in the scan listing, also that it would only read data and not write, but it looks like I can do all of those things, ie reset DTC's switch headlights on etc.

No, just plugged it straight into OBD2 port it was Gendan who said if fitted it would show up in the scan listing, also that it would only read data and not write, but it looks like I can do all of those things, ie reset DTC's switch headlights on etc.
I bought the Multipex model (a lot more expensive) but you don't need adaptors

The "CanTieCar" multiplexed interface cable supplied with this package is able to communicate with ALL* the control modules supported by the MultiECUScan.net software with a single cable - no more need for adaptor cables:
(* - Pre-1999 vehicles with 3-pin port will still require a 3-pin adaptor)
  • The software tells the cable which pins on the diagnostic port it needs to connect to for each module, without the need to switch cables or plug in any adaptors.
  • The cable includes a USB flash drive with the USB device drivers and MultiECUScan software installer ready to go.
  • The cable supports connection via either USB or bluetooth!
In the supported vehicles list some of the modules marked A3 in a red box require the yellow adapter this is to switch the connections over on the OBD port. The multiplex version does this automatically without using the adapter. the cheaper version should still report if a SGW is fitted. The more expensive one works the same, accept it is much easier (convenient) to use.

supported vehicles​

he

• The software tells the cable which pins on the diagnostic port it needs to connect to for each module, without the need to switch cables or plug in any adaptors.
  • The cable includes a USB flash drive with the USB device drivers and MultiECUScan software installer ready to go.
In the supported vehicles list some of the modules marked A3 in a red box require the yellow adapter this is to switch the connections over on the OBD port. The multiplex version does this automatically without using the adapter. the cheaper version should still report if a SGW is fitted. The more expensive one works the same, accept it is much easier (convenient) to use.

supported vehicles​

he
Thanks
I am not sure nearly £400 will do it but I am going to see if fiat will give me a code to unlock the OBD functionality as it seems weird why they will lock something That’s been sold to the end user then you can’t use it

looked at the cable and it says it might not work but if you are local to me I am willing to get it plugged in with your cable

Attachments

• IMG_0295.png
    IMG_0295.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
The "CanTieCar" multiplexed interface cable supplied with this package is able to communicate with ALL* the control modules supported by the MultiECUScan.net software with a single cable - no more need for adaptor cables:
(* - Pre-1999 vehicles with 3-pin port will still require a 3-pin adaptor)

Hi, If you're sure it has the SGW module fitted (behind glovebox) have you tried using the bypass cables supplied by Gendan ?
Landrover supply a EKA code for emergency access using the key if your remote fails, it only available through the dealership but free, you have to prove ownership. Are Fiat and others legally allowed to prevent you working on your own vehicle ? using diagnostics on a modern vehicle is part of your tool box.
They will be taking your spanners off you shortly. :mad:

Back